Geek Squad Warranty Claim
Geek Squad Warranty Claim – Efficient Claim Servicing To Get You Up And Running
Warranty claim generally means a claim for the replacement or repair of the product manufactured by the company or for price adjustments or credits for that product. This happens as a result of the product’s failure to perform up to the expected standard in accordance with the warranties made at the time of sale. Such as, you get a new Best Buy phone, laptop, TV or another appliance, but after a few days or some weeks, you discover your product has some fault or flaw. What do you do? You file a Geek Squad Warranty Claim.
During the original manufacturer’s period of warranty, most repairs are handled by the manufacturer itself. Geek Squad Protection Plans simply take care of those repairs that the warranty from your manufacturer doesn’t cover such as, malfunctions resulting due to a power surge. If anything goes wrong during the post-warranty phase of the original manufacturer, Geek Squad Warranty Claim can always be availed to take care of any qualified repairs at that point of time.
What Is A Best Buy Geek Squad Warranty?
Geek Squad protection plans are meant to serve as extended warranty to its clients. While availing these plans is optional, they do provide an additional value and a better product coverage than what you get from the original manufacturers. Additionally, Geek Squad plans protect against normal wear-and-tear damages, failures and power surges.
As the rules state, to buy a Geek Squad protection plan, you have 30 days from the purchase of your new product. Also, Geek Squad Warranty Claim is even transferable. This means, you can give your product as a gift or sell it to someone and it will still hold the clause of an extended warranty.
What Does the Best Buy Warranty Cover?
The Best Buy limited warranty takes care of product malfunctions and flaws due to poor workmanship or bad materials. Below we provide a list of what you can expect from your Geek Squad warranty before you go for Geek Squad Warranty Claim:
Geek Squad Warranty Covers
- Rebuilding using new parts
- Repairs with rebuilt or new parts
- Free of charge replacements
Geek Squad Warranty Doesn’t Cover
- Weather damages
- Loss or theft
- Damage caused by liquids
- Customer education or instruction
- Static or burn-in damages
- Cosmetic damage
- Incorrect usage damages
Your period of warranty begins on the date you purchased your product and continues for one year. To attest exact period, you can always look for the purchase date on your product purchase receipt.
How To Claim Your Geek Squad Warranty?
You can claim your Geek Squad warranty by dialling 1-888-237-8289 and telling the customer service representative that you’re having an issue with your product. At first, they provide you instructions on what to do to correct the product functioning. But generally, there are 2 ways you can replace or return your defective product:
In person – Visit your neighbourhood Best Buy store with your product receipt. Before visiting, make it sure that you have put the item in its original product packaging material or a packaging that will provides it the same degree of protection. Meet a salesperson in the store and discuss your Geek Squad Warranty Claim.
By mail – In case you purchased your product online, you will require to send it back to Best Buy by postal mail. While doing this, you need to include the receipt in the package and send it to the address that the customer service representative gave to you on the call.
When you file a claim, you can check the status of a claim as well. In case, you can’t find what you are looking for, get in touch with the Geek Squad customer service team. They are willing and always ready to help for your Geek Squad Warranty Claim status.
Checking The Status Of Your Claim
Visit the “Check Claim Status” online page on the Geek Squad page to check the status of your claim. Here, it must be noted that you will need to enter your postal code and incident number on the area provided to see the status of your warranty claim. They will also send you emails to keep you updated throughout the processing of the claim.
They give you online claim status based on the most recent update they get from the service provider. For most updated information on claim, you can call your service provider directly. For any Best Buy in-store claims, if the store has send your device for fault-correction somewhere, you can see the progress of its shipping on the Repair Status website. In case you are having difficulty in any of the activities related to Geek Squad Warranty Claim, you can contact the Best Buy customer service team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Filing A Claim through Geek Squad Protection Service Plan online
You can file a claim right through the Best Buy website. Before you begin:
- Ensure that you have bought the Geek Squad Protection Service Plan; and
- Have your original receipt of purchase ready – it has certain information you’ll require to file a Geek Squad Warranty Claim.
How it works:
- Search for the protection plan utilizing the SKU number and the four part key from the receipt
- Here, matching your search, contracts will be displayed. Select the contract you desire to file a claim on.
- Choose the item you wish to file a claim on
- Now, Click on “File a Claim”
- Next, fill in the claim detail form.
- Once you submit your claim, they will automatically update their database with your claim specification.
- In case your Geek Squad Warranty Claim is approved, you will get an incident number which will help you track the progress of your claim.
- For further assistance on this, you can click on the page help link to find out how to contact them. The customer service helpdesk is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Filing A Claim With Geek Squad Protection plan for Wireless
Before you start with the claim process, you must ensure that the IMEI number of your faulty device is the same as the device protected within your plan.
In case your plan is not registered:
You must have your original receipt of purchase ready with you. You will require the Geek Squad Protection SKU as well as the Four Part Key/GCID mentioned on the receipt to file your Geek Squad Warranty Claim.
How it works:
- First, click on “File a Claim”. Create a profile or sign in to your existing account. It must be noted that you will have to register your item of purchase in order to file a claim.
- Click on the “Protection Plans”.
- Expand the product list on the left and choose the number of the product.
- Within the “More Tools” menu, click on “File a Claim”.
- Next, fill in the claim form.
- Once you submit your, they will automatically update our database with your claim specifications.
- When your claim gets an approval, you will be provided an incident number in order to use it for track the progress of your Geek Squad Warranty Claim.